OKHIMA Outstanding Member Award
PROCEDURE FOR NOMINATIONRECOGNITION:
- Plaque presentation at the annual meeting.
- Free registration at the annual meeting.
- Article in the OkHIMA and AHIMA journal.
- Article in the recipient's local newspaper.
- Fifty dollar contribution to AHIMA Foundation in the name of the recipient by OkHIMA.
OUTSTANDING MEMBERThe purpose of this award is to honor a member of OkHIMA for outstanding contribution to the profession and the professional association at various levels. Additionally, it is established to encourage members to contribute to the development and growth of the profession and to increase public awareness of the scope and importance of the profession within the delivery of healthcare services.
- Only OkHIMA members are eligible to submit nominations for the award.
- The nominations must be submitted on an approved form, electronic submission requires all information to be included from approved form.
- The nomination form must be signed by the person making the nomination, if electronic submission, e-mail site and name must be available.
- The form is available electronically via the OkHIMA website.
- All nominations shall be submitted to the current Director of Membership no later than September 15th of each year, unless the OkHIMA Board approves extension.
- The selection will be by secret ballot by the OkHIMA board members present at Strategic Planning.
- Please submit applications via the OkHIMA Director of Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOMINATIONS:Nominations for the outstanding members award must meet the eligibility requirements and must have made continuing, outstanding contributions to the profession in more than one of the following:
- Service to the association;
- Outstanding achievement in professional practice;
- Leadership in education;
- Contributions in research or published material.
Nominees must be members in good standing with AHIMA and OkHIMA for Minimum of 5 years.
The criteria for selection of distinguished members are as follows:
- Association activities on Local/State/Regional/ and/or International level.
- Offices held
- Committees on which he/she chaired or served
- Participation at Local/State, Regional/National/ and/or International meetings
- Service as Oklahoma delegate to AHIMA House of Delegates and AHIMA Regional Winter/Summer Team Talks
- Contributions to local, district, regional or state programs, governing systems, etc...
- Published articles, monographs, books
- Teaching Activities
- In AHIMA approved educational programs, contributions to curriculum development, development of teaching media, teacher training or review workshops.
- Other Health Information Management professional instruction such as conducting, coordinating, lecturing, specialized workshops, institutes, seminars at local, district, regional, state, national, and international meetings.
- Contributions to other programs in the health information or administrative field other than those sponsored by a Health Information Association (i.e., adult education, inservice training, institutes).
- Other contributions to professional "Image" not classified elsewhere.
Click here to download the application form.