Are you interested in posting an opportunity? Click here to complete the online job board submission form.
Kansas Orthopaedic Center
Orthopaedic office seeking experienced outpatient coder. Remote work is a possibility for candidates who are also able to travel to our Wichita, KS, office periodically. Please explore our practice online at: www.koc-pa.com
- Provide appropriate procedure and diagnosis codes for office visits and assist with coding therapy services and surgical procedures when needed.
- Provide assistance to providers with coding updates/changes and education.
- Conduct audits of patient charts for coding assessment purposes and share audit results with providers.
- Set up rules in electronic charge capture software to catch common coding issues; edit rules regarding coding changes and insurances rules, as needed.
- Run on hold reports in electronic charge capture software at the end of each month and resolve any that are outstanding.
- CCS or CCS-P certification
- Associate’s Degree in Health Information Technology or related degree preferred
- Two years outpatient coding experience required, outpatient surgical coding exp. preferred
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, and communicate (orally and written) effectively
- Interpersonal skills to interact with other staff and outside contacts.
- Proficiency with Windows based applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and coding software tools
Full benefits, paid time off and 401k retirement plan available
Apply Online: https://tinyurl.com/nrd2km3
HIS Coding Manager
Stillwater Medical Center
Come join the Health Information Services Team at Stillwater Medical. This is an exciting time in our history and our team is growing. This is a key leadership position in our HIS Dept. SMC utilizes 3M 360Encompass R2 platform with CAC and integrated CDI. We are expanding our platform in 2018 to include Professional and MD with Insights. Looking for a key leader to further develop our Single Path Coding program and expand the scope of our Coding Services.
Find out why Stillwater Medical is ranked in the Top 25 Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare!
- Supervises the day to day responsibilities and productivity of the coding team.
- Monitors the DNFB and communicates issues in timely manner for all facilities to ensure healthy revenue cycle.
- Performs focused audits and education.
- Reconciles DRG with CDI Supervisor
- Monitors staff responses to NCCI Edits and efficient system utilization.
- Tracks educational offerings and ensures education is provided to meet the needs of team.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on coding effectively communicating and/or providing education to hospital staff, physicians and their offices as well as other members of the Revenue Cycle Team.
- Monitors 3M Precision & Recall and Analytics for optimal system performance.
- Assists the Director with strategic planning, budgeting, evaluating technology and staffing needs of the department.
- Minimum 3-5 years supervisory experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years ICD10 and CPT4 coding experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years hospital coding experience.
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS).
- CDI experience.
- Provider Based Coding experience.
- Knowledge of 3M 360 Encompass solutions with CAC and Evidence workflow highly preferred.
Minimum Associates degree in HIM with RHIA or RHIT in active AHIMA status.
Click here for benefits information
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org