OkHIMA Student Ambassador Program
The OkHIMA Student Ambassador program is an elite opportunity for students enrolled in an CAHIIM program to be selected to be involved with the OkHIMA Convention Committee to plan and execute the annual OkHIMA Convention and Vendor Show. Since its inception in 2010, the Ambassador Program has selected over 50 Ambassadors who have participated in the program, most of whom continue their volunteer experience by joining the OkHIMA board once they have graduated.
There are endless benefits to being an Ambassador, but our favorites include:
- Gaining valuable knowledge of convention planning
- Volunteer experience
- Networking with top leaders in our state and possible employers
- Growing in professionalism, communication, knowledge, and project management skills
- Building your portfolio and resume through specialized task assignments
- Earning respect and recognition among HIM professionals
- Access to convention sessions
- Possibility of being selected for a future OkHIMA board position as Student Ambassador Chair
What are the requirements to be an Ambassador?
- Must be a student in a CAHIIM accredited HI program at the time of application.
- Must be a student member of AHIMA
- Must have means of transportation, email, and phone access
- Submit answers to all questions on application
- Submit two letters of reference, at least one from an HIM professional
- Submit a copy of your current resume
- Be willing to:
- Devote time to completing preconvention tasks in a timely manner
- Work diligently in all duties during convention
- Communicate effectively
- Attend any required meetings, including the Ambassador Meet and Greet
- Demonstrate writing skills
Have more questions about what it is like to be an Ambassador?
Check out our Ambassador FAQ!
You can also contact us at email@example.com for more information.