Certified Medical Coder
Good Shepherd Hospice
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leading regional provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees.
We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Texas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Along the way, we’ve touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it.
Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training.
Seeking experienced Coding Specialist with strong organizational and communication skills to join our Coder Team working from our Oklahoma City office.
- Full-time position / Monday through Friday / 8am to 5pm.
- The Coding Specialist is responsible for reviewing documentation of services and verifying ICD codes for medical services performed.
- The Coding Specialist applies knowledge of medical terminology and pathology of disease processes while analyzing clinical documentation.
- Is accountable for review of electronic medical records using ICD and American Medical Association methodology to ensure that records are being coded accurately.
- Assists with quality assurance efforts.
- Certification in ICD-10 Coding required
- At least 2 years of hospice or clinical coding experience with strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy required
- Valid driver’s license
- Can successfully pass criminal background check
Our competitive benefit package for full-time employees includes:
- Paid holidays
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- An education fund
- 401K investment plan with matching
- Paid time off
Good Shepherd Hospice is an equal opportunity employer.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity, please apply online.