Stillwater Medical Center
Come join the Health Information Services Team at Stillwater Medical. This is an exciting time in our history and our team is growing. This is a new position. We are looking for hospital based coding analyst to expand our Audit Program for our Coding Team. SMC utilizes 3M 360Encompass R2 platform with CAC and integrated CDI. We are expanding our platform in 2018 to include Professional and MD with Insights.
The Coding Analyst conducts risk-based coding quality audits, random quality audits and quarterly audits of Hospital and Clinic encounters to validate coding assignment is in compliance with the official coding guidelines as supported by clinical documentation in the health record. The Coding Analyst validates documented data elements that are integral to appropriate E&M methodology; DRG assignment; selection of principle diagnosis/reason for visit as well as principle procedures. The Coding Analyst identifies opportunities to enhance revenue through improved documentation and coding and fosters a collaborative team environment.
- Active status with AHIMA;
- Minimum five (5) years hospital coding experience preferred. Three (3) years required OR Minimum of three (3) years physician based coding experience including E&M and surgical coding experience preferred. One (1) year required;
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state, and payer-specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding, and billing, with demonstrated ability to interpret such guidelines;
- Demonstrates an advanced knowledge and skill in analyzing patient records to identify non-conformance in CPT, ICD-10-CM and PCS, HCC and HCPCS coding guidelines;
- Ability to use multiple EMR’s to reconcile documentation with billing and reimbursement;
- Demonstrates understanding of complexities of office work flow and billing requirements;
- Detail oriented and ability to work independently;
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills;
- Proficient in Excel, Word and health care billing software knowledge;
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning keeping current with evolving quality payment programs, risk-adjusted data requirements and emerging trends in provider reimbursement landscape.
- Minimum of three (3) years auditing preferred.
- Minimum Associates Degree with RHIT certification. Bachelor’s degree with RHIA, preferred;
- CCS, CPC-H and/or CCS-P, CPC certifications preferred with requirement to obtain within six (6) months of employment;
- CPMA or CICA preferred with requirement to obtain within 6 months of employment;
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/stillwater/#/search