IP Coder III
CoxHealth is a six-hospital organization with 80+ clinics and over 12,500 employees in southwest Missouri. At CoxHealth, we share a common vision: To be the best for those who need us. Living our vision is what makes us the region’s choice for excellent care. We’re among southwest Missouri’s Choice Employers, according to Springfield Business Journal. The distinction rates companies on incentives, family-friendly environment, people development and corporate culture. CoxHealth has also been named Employer of the Year by Ozarks Technical Community College.
Required: Must have one of the following certifications RHIT/RHIA/CCS/CIC and must score 90% on the Internal Proficiency Exam OR must have 5 years of inpatient coder experience and a score of at least 90% on the Internal Coder Proficiency Exam
Must have the analytical ability to interpret data contained in medical records and assign appropriate codes for accurate reimbursement.
Expert knowledge in ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS (Inpatient Coding) classification systems
Expert knowledge of DRG reimbursement.
Expert knowledge of POA and HAC assignments.
Ability to work under high production standards and minimal supervision due to tenure in Inpatient coding.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and concepts effectively.
Demonstrates competency with use of computers and various computer programs.
Visual acuity necessary to read and decipher handwriting and electronic documentation.
- Required: One of the following credentials: AHIMA: RHIT, RHIA, or CCS OR AAPC: CIC
- Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Required: Completion of Coding Program
Benefits & Perks
- Sign-on bonus up to $5,000, based on experience
- Opportunity to earn referral bonuses of up to $5,000 per hire for certain positions
- Full-Time flexible 40 hours work week. Fully remote position
- Competitive salary
- Earned Time Off (ETO) starting day one
- AHIMA/AAPC CEU opportunities
- Reference materials
- Access to a full-time education team
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life & disability insurance
- Retirement with employer match
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Resumes can be emailed to email@example.com. An official application must also be submitted on the CoxHealth website.