Deadline is March 23, 2018
Why join the elite class of Student Ambassador?
- Gain valuable knowledge of convention processes
- Volunteer experience
- Network with top leaders in our state and possible employers
- Grow in professionalism, communication, knowledge, and project management skills
- Build your portfolio and resume through specialized task assignments
- Earn respect and recognition among HIM professionals
- Access to convention sessions during assignments
- Possibility for future OkHIMA board position as Student Ambassador Chair
What are the extra perks as a Ambassador?
- Special Concierge shirt and convention shirt.
- Shared hotel accommodations (must be willing to share room with other Ambassadors of same gender)
- All scheduled meals provided
- Experience of a lifetime!!
- Must be a full-time, first year student in a CAHIIM accredited HI program at time of application
- Must be a student member of AHIMA.
- Must have means of transportation, email, and phone access.
- Be willing to do the following:
- Devote time to completing preconvention tasks in a timely manner
- Work diligently in all duties at convention
- Communicate effectively
- Attend any required meetings.
- Demonstrate writing skills